Neuadd Dwyfor, Pwllheli
A council run theatre and cinema, locate centrally in Pwllheli that screens both contemporary and classic films as well as live productions by amateur and professional theatre companies in Welsh and English, including drama, dance, opera, concerts, puppets and music.
Previoulsy known as the The Town Hall, it opened in 1902, and during the early days the Council raised funds to run the building by charging a penny on people to climb the rooftops for the amazing views that could be seen.
In March 1911, the first films were shown in the main auditorium. Now known as Neuadd Dwyfor, it stages a programme of wide variety and is open 6-7 days a week.
There are a total of 354 seats with a raked circle balcony and stalls.
Disabled facilities – lift to stalls, 5 wheelchair spaces & toilet. Not all house facilities are fully accessible.
Stryd Penlan, Pwllheli, Gwynedd LL53 5DN
Oriau Agor Swyddfa Docynnau / Ticket Office Opening hours
- Llyn – Gwener / Monday – Friday: 10:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 – 17:00; and
- Llun i Sul / Monday – Sunday: 1 awr cyn i’r perffromiad gychwyn / 1 hour before the performance starts
Rhaglen mis Mawrth / Programme for March
Mawrth / March
- 1 & 2 Film: Sully: Miricle on the Hudson (12A) 96m
- 3 Theatre: European Arts: Checkov’s Shorts
- 4 Film: Jack Reacher- Never Go Back (12A) 118m
- 7 & 8 Film: Live By Night (15) 129m
- 9 National Theatre Live: Hedda Gabler
- 10 & 11 Film: A Monster Calls (12A) 108m
- 12 Point of Film: Casablanca (1942) (U) 98m
- 13 & 14 Film: Hacksaw Ridge
- 15 & 16 Film: Loving (12A)
- 17 Theatre: Arad Goch – Y Glec
- 18 Film: La La Land (12A) 128m
- 19 Bolshoi Ballet Live: A Contemporary Evening
- 19, 20 & 21 Film: Fifty Shades Darker
- 22 Theatre: Bara Caws: Yfory
- 24 Theatre: Taliesin: Dewch Gyda Fi
- 25 Film: The Lego Batman Movie
- 27 Theatre: It’s An Act Ltd: Perfect Pitch
- 28,29 & 30 Film: Hidden Figures