Neuadd Dwyfor, Pwllheli
A council run theatre and cinema, locate centrally in Pwllheli that screens both contemporary and classic films as well as live productions by amateur and professional theatre companies in Welsh and English, including drama, dance, opera, concerts, puppets and music.
Previoulsy known as the The Town Hall, it opened in 1902, and during the early days the Council raised funds to run the building by charging a penny on people to climb the rooftops for the amazing views that could be seen.
In March 1911, the first films were shown in the main auditorium. Now known as Neuadd Dwyfor, it stages a programme of wide variety and is open 6-7 days a week.
There are a total of 354 seats with a raked circle balcony and stalls.
Disabled facilities – lift to stalls, 5 wheelchair spaces & toilet. Not all house facilities are fully accessible.
Stryd Penlan, Pwllheli, Gwynedd LL53 5DN